The holiday season is a surprisingly strong season for startups - perhaps because the period leading into the New Year is a traditional time for reflection. Or perhaps because the annual gift blitz gets people thinking about what they really want.
If you're longing to become your own boss, you'll find all the information you need to start your own business right on this website.
The Steps to Starting a Business is a great starting point; the article not only tells exactly what you have to do to get a new business up and running but links to further information about each step of the process.
Looking for specific information on starting a particular type of business? Start Your Own Business Resources presents a collection of articles from around About that will help you get your start as a web designer, wedding planner, crafter, bed and breakfast operator... Your special interest may well be listed.
Then, when you're ready, start writing a business plan. My Business Plan Outline will lead you through the process, showing you how to research and write each section of the plan.
If starting your own business is what you want, why not get started? It could be a lovely gift to yourself.
Learn More About Starting a Small Business
- Thinking of Starting a Small Business?
- 12 Things You Need to Know About Starting a Business in Canada
- 6 Traits You Need to Be Self-Employed
- What Type of Business Should You Start?
- The Two Paths to Starting a Business
- Top 10 Tips for Starting a Business That Will Succeed
- How to Start a Home-Based Business
- 5 Resources You Need to Succeed
- 8 Things Every Startup Needs to Know
- The Steps to Starting a Business in Canada
- How to Put Off Your Excuses and Start Your Own Business
Image (c) LWA / Getty Images