I don't know how it started but I know that the Boxing Day shopping tradition is a real boon to retailers.
As a small business owner, picking up some Boxing Day bargains can also give you a break on your income tax.
(Read more about how to use your Capital Cost Allowance claim to reduce your income tax in 8 Small Business Tax Strategies to Reduce Income Tax.)
(And if you're looking ahead to tax season and How to Calculate Capital Cost Allowance bookmark this page.)
So look around your office and see what you need and hit the stores. If you shop at a small business, it could be a gift to both of you.
Buying Advice & Suggestions
Learn More About Canadian Income Tax
- Canadian Income Tax Due Dates
- How Long Does a Tax Refund Take?
- Canadian Income Tax and Your Small Business
- Business Expenses Index for Canadian Businesses
- Canadian Income Tax FAQs for Small Businesses
- How to Complete the T1 Canadian Income Tax Form as a Business
- How to Calculate Capital Cost Allowance
- Guide to Income Tax for Canadian Corporations
- Investment Tax Credits for Canadian Small Businesses
- Top Canadian Tax Software Programs
Image (c) Justin Sullivan / Getty Images