To answer the question of what kind of business you should start, I think you have to ask yourself another question; what kind of business do you want to run?
Different types of businesses have different operational requirements. For instance, if you start a retail store, you will have to keep the store open and staffed during regular shopping hours.
Specific types of businesses have their own specialized demands. If you open a bakery, you or someone you hire is going to have to get up each morning at 4 a.m. to get the day's baking under way.
You also need to consider how much work you want to go through to start a business. Starting a business from scratch can be immensely satisfying - but there's no question that starting a turnkey operation is easier.
So what kind of business should you start? Which type of business will best suit your personality, abilities and lifestyle? Find out by working through the five decisions in What Type of Business Should You Start?
Learn More About Starting a Small Business
- Thinking of Starting a Small Business?
- 6 Traits You Need to Be Self-Employed
- What Type of Business Should You Start?
- The Two Paths to Starting a Business
- Top 10 Tips for Starting a Business That Will Succeed
- How to Start a Home-Based Business
- 5 Resources You Need to Succeed
- 8 Things Every Startup Needs to Know
- The Steps to Starting a Business in Canada
- How to Put Off Your Excuses and Start Your Own Business
Have Your Say
- What One Piece of Advice Would You Give Anyone Starting a Business?
- What Are the Most Common Business Startup Mistakes?
Image (c) Jason Florio / Getty Images