Tomorrow (January 13th) is National Clean Off Your Desk Day.
Well for one thing, a messy desk can make it really hard to work.
And a messy desk costs you time, money and reputation, according to a survey conducted by MARC Research for Office Depot.
Forty-seven percent of respondents agreed that disorganization commonly leads to lost time, while 16 percent said disorganization led to meeting tardiness and 14 percent to missed deadlines.
Yet 32% of respondents admitted to having a disorganized workspace.
What about you? Vote in the accompanying poll to rate the messiness of your desk.
And if you are one of the people confessing to having a messy desk, maybe it's time to do some clean up. 5 Small Manageable Things You Can Do to Organize Your Office Right Now will get you going and let you quickly reclaim some workspace.
If you're ready to do some serious office clean up, sign up for the Organize Your Small or Home Office ecourse, a free seven week course will show you how to get your office organized and turn your office space into a work space.
Learn More About Organizing Your Office
- 5 Quick Easy Ways to Organize Your Office
- 12 Steps to an Organized Office
- 10 Home Office Design Tips for Small Spaces
- How to Create a Document Management System
- 7 Ways to Control Chaos in Your Small Business
- Master Your Filing System
- 4 Tips for Handling Receipts
- 10 Tips for Organizing Computer Files
- Free Ecourse: Organize Your Small or Home Office
Image (c) Michael J Summerville