Across North America, small businesses are closing, forced out by competition and a slow economy. Daily we're bombarded by soundbites about the potential collapse of the Euro and how Asian and South American economies are stuttering.
Does that make it a bad time to start a small business?
Not at all - as long as you pick the right one.
Here are what I think are the best small business ideas for small businesses to start or invest in in tough economic times.
Explore More Business Ideas
- The Best Business Opportunities 2014
- Top 10 Home Business Opportunities
- 7 Inexpensive Business Ideas
- Business Ideas Based on Baby Boomer Trends
- The Best Green Business Ideas
- 18 Pet Business Ideas
- Best Small Business Ideas for Businesses That Will Prosper in Tough Times
- The 10 Best Small Business Ideas for Students
- 12 Wacky But Successful Business Ideas
Image (c) Rachel Watson / Getty Images