If you're a young entrepreneur whose company is at a crossroads, why not enter the Business Development Bank of Canada's (BDC) Young Entrepreneur Award contest? You could win the $100,000 Grand Prize.
For this year's edition of the BDC Young Entrepreneur Award contest, the judges:
"will mainly look for a clear description of the turning point or decisive moment your business has reached, including an overview of your market conditions; the solution you propose; the potential of your solution to improve the company's growth; and the feasibility of the project" (BDC Facebook page).
How to Enter
To enter the competition, entrepreneurs must fill in a four-step application form and submit a one- to two-minute video explaining the challenge their business faces, their proposed solution and how that solution will take their business to the next level.
This video could also serve as their "pitch" to Canadians to drive votes because, if you are selected as a finalist, starting May 29 and running through June 12, the public will view your submission and cast their votes to help decide who the BDC Young Entrepreneur Award winners are.
Who You Have to Be
- 18 to 35 years of age
- a Canadian citizen or permanent resident with a profitable business based in Canada
- run a business that is registered in Canada and has its head office in Canada
- have been responsible for the day-to-day management of your business for at least two years
- must hold at least 20% of the company's capital stock
- (certain non-profit businesses are also eligible)
Application Deadline Date: April 3, 2014
Find more details and enter the contest on the BDC Young Entrepreneur Award 2014 Facebook page.
Articles on Business Innovation
- 7 Ways to Kickstart Business Innovation
- Innovation: Small Businesses Do It Better
- Free It Up & Move Forward to Increase Innovation
Image (c) Digital Vision / Getty Images