1. Money
Send to a Friend via Email
Susan Ward

Canadian Payroll Information Return Help

By February 15, 2014

Follow me on:

If you're a Canadian employer, payroll information returns are due at the end of this month. You have to have filed a T4 or a T4A return by the last day of February (and have given a copy of the slips to your employees). See my Guide to Canadian Payroll Deductions for more information about what you have to do as an employer and when.

Young dark-haired woman at desk working on tax forms.

If you need help filling out your employee information slips, the Canada Revenue Agency has several guides and pages on completing and filing payroll information returns to assist.

One of the Canada Revenue Agency's tools that I find most useful is this clickable T4 Statement; clicking on any box on the image of the form brings up specific help about the information that needs to go into that box.

Another is the Canada Revenue Agency's Payroll Deductions Online Calculator. It includes a feature to help employers make sure that enough Canada Pension Plan contributions and Employment Insurance premiums have been withheld for the past and current years.

Related to Payroll Taxes:

Image (c) Trinette Reed / Getty Images

Connect With Susan:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | Free Newsletters
April 28, 2012 at 9:02 am
(1) Blake Heald says:

Are you aware of a site for all statuatory requirements such as:

All Federal requirements including:
Employer tax remittances , EI and CPP
Online filing for remittances through a reqistered financial institution
Termination requirements including filing ROEs on line.

Provincial requirements including:
Employment standards
EHT Guidelines
Whether WSIB is required?

Leave a Comment

Line and paragraph breaks are automatic. Some HTML allowed: <a href="" title="">, <b>, <i>, <strike>

©2014 About.com. All rights reserved.