Nike's famous slogan "Just Do It" is really bad advice when it comes to conducting a marketing campaign for your small business.
But this is what passes for a marketing plan for a lot of small businesses. They place an ad here and an ad there, put up a website or a Facebook page, and call their marketing campaign done.
Unfortunately, this sort of "this-and-that" marketing approach is like fishing on dry land; you can cast as much as you like, but you're not going to catch anything because you're nowhere near the pond.
How do you get your line to where the fish are? Follow these nine steps to run a successful marketing campaign.
- How to Find and Sell to Your Target Market
- How to Find and Master a Niche Market
- How to Write the Marketing Plan
- How to Run a Successful Marketing Campaign
- 6 Simple Marketing Strategies to Increase Your Business
- 10 Cold Calling Tips
- 10 Low-Cost Ways to Promote Your Business
- 10 Ways to Grow Positive Word of Mouth
- 17 Advertising Ideas for Small Businesses
- 6 Sure Ways to Increase Sales
- How to Ask for Referrals and Get More Clients
- The 7 Best Places to Find Clients
- 5 Ways to Negotiate More Effectively
- How to Create a Social Media Plan
Image (c) Thomas Northcut / Getty Images