If you are a truly blessed person, no one will use the computer that you use - ever.
Unfortunately, for most of us, that's not the case.
Spouses and children use the same computer we use for business when it's at home and staff share computers in office spaces.
Even if we have our own laptops and guard them jealously, we might end up sharing files with others anyhow through a network.
What's it all mean? Lots and lots of angst and frustration because of other people's poor file management.
If you've ever had to try to run a search for a document called something generic like "invoice" or shared a computer with someone who insists on just throwing everything they create onto the desktop, you know exactly what I mean.
These 10 Tips for Organizing Computer Files explain how to keep your computer files organized and accessible. A good article to print and post in a prominent locale in your office perhaps?Learn More About File and Data Management:
- Basic Email Management
- How to Create a Document Management System
- 7 Ways to Make Record Management Easy
- How to Master Your Filing System
- Filing Tips for People Who Hate Filing
- 4 Tips for Filing Receipts
- The 6 Rules of Business Data Protection
- The 3 Steps to Successful Data Backup
Image (c) Huntstock / Getty Images