Low to no cost marketing ideas are a steady request, both in the Small Business Canada Forum and in my inbox. So I've put together this list of low to no cost marketing ideas to help you get the word out about your small business.
Click on any of the links below to be taken to a page with more information about that particular inexpensive marketing idea. (Be warned though: marketing without targeting your market is just a waste of time!)
2) Give free workshops or classes related to your products/services.
5) Create a website if you don't have one.
6) Create a blog for your business and visit and comment on other blogs regularly.
9) Create a video about your product or service and post it on YouTube.
10) Become a radio guest.
15) Sponsor (or at least be a big part of) a community charitable event.
16) Network in a bowl.
17) Network on the 'Net.
21) Participate in local business mixers/trade fairs.
22) Write articles on topics related to your business and encourage people to post them for free.
23) Go cold calling.
24) Ask for referrals.
25) Advertise your business on your vehicle.
26) Put a plastic business card holder on the side of your vehicle.
27) Blow your own horn.
Even More Low to No Cost Marketing Ideas
I welcome your ideas; add them to this growing list of low to no cost marketing ideas.
You may also want to have a look at 17 Advertising Ideas for Small Businesses which presents some marketing ideas that haven't been mentioned in the list above. Some of these tried and true marketing ideas may not be as expensive as you think.