From the article: Top 10 Tips for Starting a Business That Will Succeed
Starting a business is one of the most exhilarating things a person can do. But unfortunately, a few bad decisions and some poor breaks and it can also be one of the most stressful and disappointing events in a person's life and a complete waste of time and money. What one piece of advice would you give anyone starting a business to increase their chances of starting a successful business? Share Your Advice
- It takes passion to be a good leader. Read up on some of them and learn from them. Hitler was just evil no one doubt about it. But he was a very effective leader.
- —Guest Travis B
- Every business survival depends on customer actions so anyone who wants to establish a business needs to place the customer at the centre activities. With this in mind you will be able to push your goods and service to the market. Also don't think about maximizing higher profit at the initial stage.
- —Guest Agyemang kwame williams
Combine Passion with Marketability
- If you focus your business around something that meets all of these 3 criteria, you'll greatly increase your chance of success: 1) something you love to do and are passionate about; 2) something you're very good at; 3) something people will pay to have.
- —Guest Debbie Ouellet
You can control only what you measure.
- Stand out from the many managers who fail or fear to perform the improving function in the Plan, Organize, Execute and Measure cycle.
- —Guest Gerry McRae
Make sure it's something you enjoy doing
- Its always best to create a business around something you love and enjoy doing, preferably a hobby because you will spend a lot of time doing it.
- —Guest VJ
1st Year Is Just Break Even
- Plan to lose money in the 1st 4 -6 months....then just break even from month 7-12. It will take at least a year (if you are lucky) just to advance this much. But after the 1st year it gets better.
- —Guest sid
- My suggestion would be to have one employee in charge of each department of your business from inventory to knowledge for sales. Also reward your employees; don't just have a staff meeting about the negatives. Keep morale up and keep your employees wanting to continue to work there.
- —Guest Billy Howard
think+plan+action = result
- Thinking, planning, and taking action can give you a result but that's not that we want. We need an excellent result so we need to think logically, plan accordingly, and execute effectively to collect an excellent result; that's what we needed. Right!
- —Guest mirza
One piece of advice
- Have a goal; find your target; think of your goal every minute; find a path to your target which will lead you to your goal and take RISKS.
- —Guest Sabaoon rahimi
- 1) Don't wait until everything is perfect to get started...because then you'll never start. Get going and you can learn, make improvements along the way. 2) Be sure you love what you do, because you'll be spending a lot of time doing it. 3) Hire professionals for the areas you're not an expert it. You don't have to know it all. 4) Keep working in your day-job if you can because it might take a while to get your business going and you don't want to feel the financial pinch. 5) Failing is your greatest teacher! Don't be afraid. Embrace. Good luck! Claudia CEO and Founder www.RentingInternational.com
- —Guest rentinginternational
Books to read
- 4 Hour Work Week, Referral Engine, and E-Myth had the BEST and most practical examples of successful businesses and instructions on how to be like them, from using Social Media to networking clubs to build business. In 4 Hour Work Week Tim points out there's a market for dwarf entertainment. Your job is to figure out what market you can best serve, then develop a strategy and budget to go after them.
- —Guest chowsr
Starting a Business Takes Determination
- You must make up your mind you want to do it; no looking back. Also, consider your abilities, capabilities and funds. Focus on your strength and work on your weakness. "You don't have to be great to start but you have to start to be great".- Zig Ziglar
- —Guest Bayo Farinade
Passion and Excitement
- There are three things which you should ever consider when you start a business and want to succeed: Passion, Excitement (motivation) and Faith. If you don't love what you do, if you don't put passion in it, and feel motivated to wake up early in the morning, that business will never grow. It will find a way to survive in time but will never grow.
- —Guest CJ
Don't Run Away From Initial Failure
- One thing you must know that when you are starting a business it won't start giving profit instantly from the time you start it. Hence you must wait and learn and apply new ways of doing business to succeed, not leave it after initial failure.
- —Guest sagun
- Don't let money get in the way of vision. Ideas and concepts are free. Do the legwork prep work and homework yourself. Prove to the people around you that you are dedicated and committed and they will want to invest in YOU, not your business.
- —Guest silver
1-15 of 47Next