Right now the Credit Unions of BC are promoting their Remarkable Micro Loan Program which offers BC residents 18 to 29 years old low interest micro loans of up to $5,000 for starting a Canadian small business.
But BC Credit Unions are not the only places offering micro loans. Here are three more micro loan sources you may be able to tap into for starting your Canadian small business:
- Assiniboine Credit Union Micro Loan Program - Offered through partnership with Western Economic Diversification Canada, the program offers small business loans up to a maximum of $35,000 to start or grow small businesses in the Winnipeg area.
- Alterna Savings; Community Micro Loan Program - small business loans for Toronto and area.
- Ottawa Community Loan Fund - loans of up to $15,000 to start or expand a business in the Ottawa area.
More on Small Business Grants and Loans
- 10 Things You Need to Know About Small Business Funding
- 8 Sources of Business Start Up Money
- The Truth About Small Business Grants in Canada
- 7 Canada Government Grants Your Small Business May Qualify For
- The Self-Employment Program: One of the Best Small Business Grants in Canada
- The Canada Small Business Financing Program
- How to Get a Small Business Loan
- 10 Sources of Business Loans for Canadian Small Businesses
- Small Business Loans for Canadian Women Entrepreneurs
Image © Rick Audet