The Canadian home-based business tax deduction I'm referring to here is the business-use-of-home expenses (claimed on line 9945 of the T1 tax form).
Just having a home office doesn't mean that you can claim this deduction; there are other conditions that you have to meet such as actually doing business in your home.
Read more details about this and how to claim this tax deduction if you do qualify in Calculating The Home Business Tax Deduction.
More on Home-Based Business Tax Deductions:
- 6 Home-Based Business Tax Deductions You Don't Want to Miss
- Business Expenses as Income Tax Deductions Index
- Maximize Your Small Business Income Tax Deductions
- More Ways to Maximize Your Business Income Tax Deductions
Read More About Canadian Income Tax
- Canadian Income Tax Due Dates
- How Long Does a Tax Refund Take?
- Canadian Income Tax and Your Small Business
- Business Expenses Index for Canadian Businesses
- Canadian Income Tax FAQs for Small Businesses
Image (c) Pamela Adam