April 30th is not the deadline for filing your 2012 T1 income tax return if you or your spouse (or common-law partner) are self-employed - you have until June 15th.
The catch, though, is that the deadline to pay what you owe for the 2012 tax year was April 30th.
So if you know or suspect that you will have a balance owing when you file your income tax, you'll want to make a payment to the Canada Revenue Agency as soon as possible.
Here are all the different ways you can pay (Canada Revenue Agency).
Learn More About Canadian Income Tax
- Canadian Income Tax Due Dates
- How Long Does a Tax Refund Take?
- Canadian Income Tax and Your Small Business
- Business Expenses Index for Canadian Businesses
- Canadian Income Tax FAQs for Small Businesses
- How to Complete the T1 Canadian Income Tax Form as a Business
- How to Calculate Capital Cost Allowance
- Guide to Income Tax for Canadian Corporations
- Investment Tax Credits for Canadian Small Businesses
- Top Canadian Tax Software Programs
Image (c) Ryan McVay / Getty Images