As small business owners, especially those in the start up phase, preparing for a trade show can be a very scary and frustrating time. What do we take for our trade show display and how do we present it?
You first need to find out the specifics of the trade show you are registered for or considering exhibiting in. If necessary, contact the organizers of the event and get details on the type of visitors that the show attracts and the layout of the area you will have to display your business.
Be sure to find out the size of the trade show display table you will have, whether there is wall space for your company sign, if there are electrical outlets available, and anything else that may or may not be included (i.e. a table cloth, etc.).
Once the show space specifics have been established, then you can move on to deciding what to take and how you can show your stuff. The following are just a few ideas to help you get ready for that all important trade show. (Note: most of these trade show display ideas are based on being in the service industry but will work for products industry companies as well.)
1) If the trade show display table you have does not include a tablecloth, be sure to get one that complements your display and represents your companys image and colour scheme (without being overpowering). Even if a tablecloth is supplied, bring your own or something to add some depth to your table (i.e. a table runner). Your table will definitely stand out in a crowd.
2) If your trade show display space will allow, erect a stand-alone presentation board. On the board, you can show how clients can benefit by using your services. Be creative and make it stand out. Include pictures, if possible, and be sure your company name and logo are more than obvious.
3) If there is wall space, but your budget is minimal, use your trusty desktop publishing software to create a template of your company name. Use the template, along with bristle board, cardboard, or foam core to make a sign that you can put up on the wall behind your trade show display.
4) Arrange your trade show display table in levels. Put the larger items at the rear, shorter items in front of those, and even shorter items in front of those.
5) Develop a PowerPoint presentation to display on your table (if an electrical outlet is within reach of your booth). You can make it on your desktop computer and transfer it to a laptop, which you can rent or borrow if you dont already have one. Your visitors will find this visually appealing and it will draw in their attention.
Continue on to the next page to read more trade show tips, including ideas for trade show giveaways that are sure to make yours one of the most popular trade show booths at the show.